High Park Club, 100 Indian Road
Before 1910 Roncesvalles–High Park residents curled on Grenadier Pond, and in the summer lawn bowled or played tennis on vacant lots or church lawns.
That year six prominent residents including real estate magnate R.W. Prittie organized the High Park Curling & Lawn Bowling Club. Four lots, purchased for $10,500, extended from Indian Road to Parkside. In December, 1911 the arena and a club house were officially opened.
Financial pressures created by the First World War forced the club to reorganize and refinance. Expansions in 1921, 1926, 1950 and 1959 were undertaken to better serve the Club’s growing membership and the community at large. Today, as the club approaches its centennial year, a $1.3 million renovation is well underway.
Years Gone By Main Page
Lower and Upper Roncesvalles
Indian and Lakeshore Roads
Bloor and Dundas
High Park (Winter, Forest School, Mineral Baths, Famous Buildings)
Places to Congregate
St. Joseph’s Hospital
High Park Curling Club